How To Document A Project Plan
How to Document a Project Plan:
What You Need to Know to Design a Project Management Plan Quickly & Easily
by Glen Ford, BSc., MCPM, PMP
Documenting your project plan can be very difficult. Do it wrong and you could easily end up in analysis paralysis. Do it wrong and you could find yourself trying to meet impossible deadlines.
Do it right and your project will go where you want it to go!
In this 190 page book, Glen Ford shares his 30 years of experience in project management to help you create a project management plan that helps you to succeed. A project management plan that meets the needs of all of its readers. A project management plan that includes everything you need and only what you need. A project management plan that is “just enough” to do its job.
Glen explains why you need to include documents with examples drawn from his own experiences. He explains what you need in clear, easy to follow language. With details that help you create your own templates. And with examples of his own templates.
He even explains what the fields on a form mean and provides hints of what changes you might want to make the form your own.
Kindle Edition: AVAILABLE NOW! $9.97 U.S.
available only from the Kindle Store ISBN# 978-0-9867885-5-0
Print Version: AVAILABLE NOW! $27.00 U.S.
available from Amazon.com or your local bookstore ISBN# 978-0-9867885-4-3
Selected topics from
Table of Contents:
- Projects, Plans and Preparation
- How Not to Sail a Tall Ship
- What is a Project and Why Would I Want to Plan It?
- What is a Project?
- What Makes A Project Succeed?
- So How Do You Guarantee Success?
- Traditional Philosophy and the Holistic Philosophy?
- The Traditional Philosophy
- The Holistic Philosophy
- What this book is about
- A Word About Computerization of Project Plans
- An offer of free templates
- Before You Start
- How to Destroy A Project in One Easy Step
- Learning Not to Destroy Projects
- The PMBOK’s philosophy
- Projects in Real Life
- The Philosophy in This Book and some notes on terminology
- The PMBOK and this book
- The Task Assignment Cycle
- Before Any Project Starts
- The role of a PMO
- Why prepare common documents
- How to document procedures In general
- Documenting Projects in Particular
- The Documentation You Need Before You Start Any project
- Getting Started – The Inputs
- The Process Revisited
- What to include in the Project Manual But Not The Project Plan
- Portfolio Outputs
- The Response
- The Planning Process
- The Structure of the project plan
- What to include in the project plan
- Where to From Here?
- Offer – free templates
Kindle Version Print Version
- VProz.ca » How to Document A Project Plan Video
- How to Document a Project Plan: Why You Need a Project Plan – PM Hut
- How to Document a Project Plan: Why You Need a Project Plan | BalkanW
- How to Document a Project Plan: Why You Need to Start Writing Your Plan Before You Start Planning – Project Plans | Project Plans
- Standard Process | How To Plan A Project: Five Processes You Need In Place First
- What is the difference between a contractor and an employee: Who gets paid for what
- Project Planning For Sponsors: Why You Need To Be Involved
- Project Planning Tips: 5 Tips For Project Sponsors
- What is a PMO? And How Does It Involve Documenting Your Project
- How to Identify Major Risks Present In Your Project
- What is Project Management?
- 5 Tips For Promoting Innovative Thinking
- How to Document Your Project Plan: Who Should be on Your Project?
- Documenting Project Plans: When to Use a Project Manager Consultant
- What is a Fair Project Manager Salary